Thursday, September 9, 2010

White Chocolate Banana Cream Pie

I know that got someone's attention. It did mine when I was browsing my Moms recipes this morning. I offered to bring a dessert to dinner for Rosh Hashanah tonight but I didn't want to just pick something up. I wanted to make something and I rarely bake or make desserts of any kind so this was a good excuse, especially since it wouldn't be sitting in my fridge calling my name for a week.
This was actually a recipe my sister entered at the local fair a few years ago and got raves about. Oh and did I mention it's insanely simple to make! So I copied it and ran off to the store to get what I needed.
White Chocolate Banana Cream Pie

1 ripe banana, sliced
1/2 cup chopped almonds (I omitted these because of the nut allergies in my family)
1 box (about 5 oz) instant banana or vanilla cream pudding mix
1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
2/3 cup grated or finely chopped white chocolate
2 cups frozen whipped topping (cool whip)
1 frozen pie crust, baked according to directions

Arrange the sliced bananas on the bottom of the pie crust. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the chopped almonds on top of the bananas. 


In a medium bowl whisk together the pudding, evaporated milk and 1/2 of the white chocolate.


Pour the pudding mixture over the bananas in the pie crust

(Of course you have to let the kids lick the spoon)

(And don't forget to share)


Top with the cool whip and then sprinkle with remaining white chocolate and remaining almonds.  I had a few pieces of banana left over so I put those on there too.


I can't wait to enjoy this tonight after dinner.

Oh, I almost forgot! This needs to be refrigerated for at least one hour before eating.