Saturday, April 10, 2010

Hello Saturday, I am glad to see you!

Fridays are always kind of hectic for me. I take Jr to school in the morning, rush home, get ready and leave to take my husband to work and hope I get back in time to pick Jr up from school. Thank goodness my mom lives across the street from the school so on days I get stuck in oh so wonderful LA traffic she can get him. Luckily yesterday was very light traffic. I even had time to stop and get lunch with my little one's. I rarely eat hamburgers but I was craving one so I stopped at In-N-Out. Can you say yummm!

Mmmmm....animal style, it's the only way to go.

Little man enjoying a grilled cheese

Baby girl loved her cheeseburger with pickles, cheese and spread only please

I managed to get to Jr's school at 1:41, perfect timing since he gets out at 1:55. We headed over to the library afterwards. The kids love the library. I think I scored some good reads for them. I got two Dr Suess compilation books and Cloudy with a chance of meatballs! Jr picked out this encyclopedia sized books on trains, planes and automobiles. He is just like his Daddy. After the library we headed over to Walmart to get supplies for my party I was supposed to be hosting when I noticed Samantha's eye was watering and red and, yup, you guessed it, lots of yucky yellow goop coming out. Of course it was 4:15 and her Dr left at 4:30 so off to Urgent Care it was. I wanted to get there as close to 5 as I could because they start check ins at 5 and start seeing patients at 5:30, so the earlier we got there the better. After running home and literally throwing the groceries in the fridge I ran back out.
When we got there I put little man in the stroller, grabbed baby girl and Jr man and ran to go check in. Yes we were literally running there. I got inside and not two seconds later heard a loud smack then screams. I turned around to see Samantha laying on the floor crying! She had run right into the corner of the door frame.

My poor baby girl ended up cutting her chin open :(

"Look mom I have a goatee". Hey they gotta keep themselves entertained some way right LOL

And look how fast it grew!

So three hours later we left with a confirmed diagnosis of pink eye, a clean up and pretty Hello Kitty band-aid on her chin and of course her ear infection that she was just diagnosed with the day before.

Showing me her pretty band-aid

Kisses for mommy!

So this was my eventful Friday. We didn't end up getting home until after 7pm, just enough time to feed the kids and climb into bed.