Saturday, March 27, 2010

It's been a while

And I apologize for that. With Jr on Spring break I have been trying to keep the kids busy. Also on the 23rd was my husbands and my eights Anniversary. I wanted to pop on here and give an update on how we are all doing.
Jr is doing good. Enjoying his break but getting antsy and believe it or not counting down the days until he can return to school. We had an appointment with the Allergist/Immunologist on the 18th of this month. I requested to see her after a test result came back saying he would not be able to fight off bacterial pneumonia if he ever got it. Which of course freaked me out. I am so happy we saw Dr. Garcia. I have seen her twice before for my kids allergies and she is a wonderful Dr. Not one that pushes you out the door, she actually makes sure you have all questions answered. So the final result. Jr will be able to fight bacterial pneumonia. When he was tested they tested him based off the adult vaccine, not the pediatric version. The difference, well the adult version has fourteen forms of the virus and the pediatric version only has seven. And out of those seven he reacted normally to about five of them. The other two the Dr. said not to worry about because you can't expect someone to react perfectly to everything about and it's rare if they do. That was a huge weight lifted off my shoulders to say the least. Now onto his asthma. Since Jr had been sick twice since he was put on his new meds to help prevent asthma flare up and he had asthma flare ups throughout being sick she wanted to switch him. She said she also wasn't comfortable with him being on a steroid (thank goodness, I hated that!) so she switched him to Flovent inhaler. And also prescribed him Singulair. This will work to help his asthma along with his allergies. She also prescribed him Flonase and Claritin. Those are to help him during allergy season. He is only allergic to the two major types of grass and mold. Now I know when you think mold you think like black mold but he's actually allergic to airborne mold and natural mold that is in the ground. And of course he is on the regular Albuterol inhaler as needed and also before any type of physical activity.
Now I am all for Jr not being on a steroid inhaler but I hate that I have to give him four different meds every day. I don't like putting crap into my kids bodies. I don't care if I get flack for it, it's personal preference. The Dr. did say she knows it is a lot of meds but what she is trying to do is to control the asthma so when he's older he wont need all the meds and his body will be able to do it on his own. I'm just hoping these help my little man and that will happen.

The princess, Samantha is doing good. Talking up a storm every day. She is such a princess and loves anything princess but she is also a tomboy and boy do not mess with this girl cause she wont take anyone's crap! I guess that comes from having two brothers lol But she can be quite feisty. I'm trying to get that under control because this last week she has been very cranky and getting agitated easily. Her and my youngest, Shawn were fighting over a toy and she hit him with it three times leaving him with three scratches on him back :( Not acceptable in this house. If anyone has any suggestions on how to keep anger under control I am all ears cause imo time outs don't work. And don't go jumping to conclusions thinking I just throw her on a timeout without talking to her. I sit and have a long talk with her about, possibly too long but even though she's young I want to explain to her how wrong hitting is! Other then that she is doing great LOL She loves to color (yay) which I love because I love to color also and Jr could care less about it. One of her favorite things to do is change her clothes five times a day. Cute yet holy laundry batman!
Onto the baby. I don't care that he will be two in two months he is still my LITTLE baby. So there LOL He is doing great also. Also talking up a storm, saying new words all the time. He weighs as much as his sister is not more. He's only like four inches shorter then her. I'm expecting him to be taller then her soon. Yes my "little" man is quite the opposite. He will be two on May 30th. Where has the time gone? Seriously where has it gone! I swear it was just the other day I gave birth to him. He has now learned to jump and omg it is the cutest thing. I need to take video of it. He runs, full speed ahead, as fast as his little legs can go. He tries so hard to keep up with his brother and sister and it's so cute to watch them race around the house. He still has his scar on his tummy from his surgery. The Dr's said he would more then likely loose it with age but I am weird and want it to stay. It's out little reminder of how lucky he is and to never forget that. Yes I am sentimental in a weird kind of way like that.
So as you can see (read) the kids are all doing well. As I mentioned before Steve and I celebrated our anniversary on the 23rd. Eight years baby! We went out to Soup Plantation and then to a movies. And go me the whole night only ended up costing us 30 dollars. Yay for coupons and free movie passes. We stopped at Barnes & Noble after dinner, grabbed some oh so yummy coffee and of course I had to get a book. What's going to a book store without getting a book! I wish we were able to spend more time out together. It's rare when we get to go out by ourselves but I am so happy we got to go out at all.
Well that's my "little" update on how the fam is. Off to get ready for our fun filled day! Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!