Thursday, December 17, 2009

What do you say...

When your six year old comes home from school and says the kids at school were laughing at him because his hair cut looks funny? I felt so sad for my little man and mad. Yes I am one of those over protective, don't mess with my kids or you'll have to deal with me moms. I try not to let it take control of me but instinctively I just want to protect my baby from any type of harm. I asked him what he said and he said he just told them not to laugh at him. I told him that was very good of him. I don't have to worry about violence with Jr because he is one of the most non violent kids I know. I know this will not be the last time my baby will experience something like this. So how do I handle this type of situation? I want to teach him to stick up for himself but also not to let little things like teasing bother him. I'm sure I am way over thinking this, also typical of me, I'm just looking for some insight :)