Saturday, February 18, 2012

Ghirardelli Milk & Truffles squares


If you are a lover of chocolate I am sure you have heard of Ghirardelli. For many they are know as the finest chocolate makers. A statement I cannot argue with because...well have you tried their chocolates! I was given the opportunity to try out a new line of chocolates they are now offering called Milk & Truffles squares. Now who am I to turn down trying chocolate.

I am no connoisseur but I do enjoy chocolate. Here are my opinions on the Milk & Truffle squares. The outside of the chocolate is made with milk chocolate. Smooth but hard yet not too hard. Only enough to provide a slight crunch when you bite into it. The filling is a chocolate truffle filling that is again, smooth but it is also rich & delicate at the same time. The richness is not overpowering, it's a perfectly blend of dark and milk chocolate with a hint of truffles.



In other words, absolutely divine.

Ghirardelli Milk & Truffle squares are currently sold at Target, Walmart, Walgreen & at other major retail stores. You can search for a store near you here. They come in in 4.63 ounce bag and while some may say that's too small you have to remember these aren't the type of chocolates you are supposed to chow down & devour in a matter of minutes. These are to be savored. On the bottom of the bag it says "Moment of timeless pleasure" and that is exactly how these should be enjoyed. As a little timeless escape, savored and enjoyed.


You can find Ghirardelli online via Facebook right here or directly at their site here.


*I wrote this post while participating in the SheSpeaks Ghirardelli campaign in which I received a sample of chocolates to try. All opinions expressed therein are solely my own. I received no monetary compensation.*