Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tuesday Tunes-Paradise Lost


I am a metal girl at heart. I love heavy songs, deep voices, meaningful lyrics, and a good melody. I have so many bands that I consider my favorites that some may view it as kind of silly. But I am not the type of person that can pick one band and say that's my favorite. Because while they may have some amazing songs I feel it's a disservice to all of the other bands in the same genre. So I am a lover of many. But I can tell you some that I will listen to over and over and it will never get old. One of those bands is Paradise Lost.

My husband and I have always wanted to see them live but sadly they very rarely, if ever play in the states. So imagine my surprise when I found out last week I won tickets to a metal festival in Europe and one of the days Paradise Lost is playing! It was an insane moment for me realizing I get to have two dreams come true. Not only do we get to see a band play that's we've long waited to see BUT we also get to go to Europe for the first time. Insert Shana dancing around like a lunatic and giggling like a school girl. Oh yeah and Anthrax is playing as well as Exodus and Chimaira. Color me excited.

Sorry getting off track. I have been listening to Paradise Lost since I met my husband back in 1997. He introduced me to so many different bands and he used to quiz me on some of them back in the day. Ah fun times. So way back when, when I first listened to Paradise Lost I was instantly ohhh'ing and awww'ing in my head. Love at first listen. Corny maybe but I've mentioned before, I love music. Their sound has changed since they first started but they are like a fine wine, they only get better with age. And with that, I will leave you with two of my favorite songs by Paradise Lost.



Don't forget if you are participating in Tuesday Tunes to head on over to High Impact Mom and link up so we can all listen to each others tunes! Click here to be brought directly to the linky.