Friday, August 9, 2013

5 Reasons I Will Not Be Seeing Elysium

Since the first moment I caught wind about this movie it has put me off. Call me judgmental (I prefer opinionated but potato po-tah-toe) but it just bugs me. It's the same as when you get those gut feelings that something isn't right or something will go wrong, I have them about movies sometimes. Totally normal people.


Let me count the reasons I will NOT be seeing this movie.

1. At first glance all I can think of is um hello Matrix ripoff much?
Seriously even in this brief three minute video all I see is Matrix references. End of world type scenario, the elite run the world (machines run the world). Alone, one man must save the world.



2. The whole plug, camera, AI, whatever that is in the back of the head?

Okay so maybe it's the whole Matrix similarities that are bugging me so much about the movie and I should just change this to the one reason I will not be seeing this movie, it is a reason for me, but the biggest similarity that is painfully obvious??? A GIANT plug in the back of someone's head!

3. Matt Damon

No matter how awesome of an actor he is, he is not a badass...I repeat he.is.not.badass. The being covered in tats while I normally find insanely hot but uh yeah not on him. Don't get me wrong, I'm not totally hating on Matt because he has that boy next door cuteness to him and he does have some good movies like Dogma, that was an excellent movie, Chasing Amy was another good one, Glory Daze, Oceans 12 I just find the character very out of his realm.

4. Because of reason three I find his whole character a little comical and I just can't take him or the movie seriously.

5. Jody Foster

I'm sorry to all the hardcore Jody fans but she's always irked me. I am not a fan of her acting. I know she's been around for ages (not knocking her age cause that would just be rude, btw she does look fantastic in the trailers) and has gotten many awards and she is beloved by her people, I am just not one of those people.

There you have it folks, my five reasons on why I will not be seeing this movie.