Saturday, July 27, 2013

Weekly Meal Plan 07/28


I am attempting to jump back into this (again) and what better way then at full speed? Might not work for some but unless I jump in like this I will fall right back off the wagon. So fingers crossed I last longer then a month this time!

I am still piecing together which meal we should have on which day but this is the menu I've come up with so far.

Lemon Blueberry Muffins
Onion Mushroom & Leek Fritatta 
Veggie Paella
Mushroom Pasta
Fish Tacos 
Some type of chicken dish that I haven't decided on yet
Chicken Tortilla Soup

My grocery list is pretty long for these meals because my fridge is pretty bare right now so I don't have anything on hand. I've been sick and cooking has been the last thing on my mind, same with shopping. So tomorrow will also be a restock shopping kind of day, yippee.

Grocery List:
Eggs
Cheese (I only buy reduced fat sharp cheddar. Still the great taste with half the fat. I should be in commercials.)
Cream Cheese
Onions
Zucchinis
Red Bell Pepper
Leeks
Tomatoes
Lemons 
Blueberries
Mushrooms (a bunch!)
Spinach
Cannellini Beans
Cabbage
Lime 
Avocado
Sugar
Whole Wheat Flour
Penne Pasta (I get the veggie kind, gotta sneak as many veggies in as I can)
Milk
Salt Free Chips
Sour Cream
Salsa
Soft Corn Tortillas
Whole Roasted Chicken
Lettuce

I think that's about it plus a few odds and ends like bread, salad dressing, beets, hearts of palm, coffee creamer and fruit, can't forget the fruit!

The nice thing about the fish tacos and the soup is that they share a lot of the same ingredients so that cuts down on the cost a bit and my husband already purchased fish so I wont need to purchase any more of that. FYI fish out here is 1) very expensive and 2) the selection sucks. If you are lucky enough to have a Trader Joe's near you I highly recommend checking their fish selection out. They are very reasonably priced and have a very decent selection.
Do you plan out your weekly meals? Tell me, what does your weekly menu look like?