Friday, April 26, 2013

BLT Grilled Cheese Recipe


Did you know that April is National Grilled Cheese Month? If not for shame! An entire month dedicated to the wonderful ooey gooey goodness that we call the grilled cheese. Yum. The best thing about a grilled cheese is that the possibilities are literally endless. Today I was craving something gooey and I wanted bacon with it. What else could I do but make a BLT Grilled Cheese.

BLT Grilled Cheese Recipe



Ingredients:
  • Two pieces of Udi's Millet Chia bread
  • Two slices of Gouda
  • One slice of Sharp Cheddar
  • Tomato
  • Spring Greens 
  • Two pieces of Turkey Bacon
  • Butter

Directions:
  • Cook your two pieces of turkey bacon to the desired crispness and set aside
  • Butter both sides of the bread and place in a pan over medium/low heat. 
  • Place cheese on each slice of bread (I do both at the same time that way you aren't waiting on a piece of bread to get cooked while the other gets cold)
  • Allow the cheese to melt and the bread to become nice and golden brown
  • Remove from heat and start your layering with the Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato
  • Close your sandwich and bite into the crispy gooey goodness

The fact that you can satisfy two cravings in one with this sandwich makes it a winner in my book, I mean honestly folks anything with bacon is going to be awesome. But what I love is that you aren't killing yourself with fat here because it's Turkey Bacon and you do have some veggies so it's a well rounded meal. At least that's what I told myself as I scarfed this bad boy down.


Thank you to Udi's for sending me product in order to facilitate this posts. I couldn't have made such an amazing grilled cheese with any regular ole bread.