Monday, March 25, 2013

Fill your Easter basket with CLIF Kids

This Easter I plan on choosing healthier options for my kids instead of the regular ole chocolate bunny I got into the habit of getting them. For shame I know but it was easy to find and cheap so I would stock up every year. The problem was I would stock up so much that not only were the kids getting one every year but so were my husband and I. And it would end up being more then one, two...okay maybe three chocolate bunnies a year. While chocolate can be good in moderation eating that many chocolate bunnies whether it be in one sitting or throughout the month is not healthy for any of us. CLIF has recently come out with a new line just for kids, CLIF Kids and it's perfect timing for Easter seeing as I haven't done anything to prepare my kids baskets yet.





CLIF Kid Zbars are made with whole grains & have the perfect balance of carbohydrates, protein, good fat & fiber to keep kids nourished & maintain their energy levels throughout the day. Zbars are also packed with twelve essential vitamins & minerals specifically for kids growing bodies. As if that wasn't enough awesomeness they also come in six delicious flavors; Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Brownie, S’mores, Peanut Butter, Honey Graham and Iced Oatmeal cookie. I personally love that I can give my daughter who has severe nuts allergies four out of the six Zbars that they offer.


Remember those fruit roll up things as a kid? You feel this leathery thing off a plastic sheet? I used to love them as a kid, then I found them again after my first born started school but stopped after seeing that they weren't really as healthy as I thought they were. But guess what CLIF Kid now offers Zfruit, a delicious organic chewy fruit snack that has one full serving of organic fruit in each piece. Zfruit comes in Fruit Punch, Grape, Mixed Berry, Sour Apple, Tropical Twist and Strawberry. These are perfect for putting in your kids lunches or grabbing on the go.

None of CLIF Kids products contain high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oils, preservatives, trans fats, artificial colors or flavoring. So now the only decision I have left is to decide which Zbar and which Zfruit is going in my kids Easter basket this year.

*No compensation was received and all opinions expressed are my own*