Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Nominate your sitter for Sittercity's America's Top Sitter




Remember back when you were in your early teen years and spending most week day evenings and weekends babysitting your parents friends kids. No? This is how I spent most of my preteen and teenage years. I had one steady family that I babysit on a weekly basis for a few years and then other families on an as needed basis. Looking back on those days is always a great memory. I had fun watching these children grow and I felt blessed that I was not only being trusted to care for these kids but I was also being welcomed into these children's hearts. I wasn't just a babysitter and it wasn't just a job for me, I was like extended family. I often wonder where are those "little" kids now. I even remember my babysitter from when I was around five years old. Nay-nay was what we called her, Renee was her actual name but you know us cute five year olds and not being able to pronounce words all the way. We (my sister and I) always had so much fun going over to her house and spending the day or even just a few hours. I remember one summer day all of us kids and Nay-Nay got into a water fight which somehow turned into a shaving cream fight. Such fun memories. Nay-Nay for me was like an Aunt or the older sister I always dreamed about. She lived in the same apartment complex as us and when it came time for us to move my sister and I were heart broken because she wouldn't be our babysitter anymore. That's how close we all had become. Just like family.

Do you have a sitter who has become a part of your family? One who is amazing with your children? One who goes above and beyond the call of duty when it comes to the care of your children? If you do right now Sittercity is having a contest and they are looking for the absolute best of the best for their 2013 America's Top Sitter Contest! You can nominate your babysitter for the 2013 America's Top Sitter Contest in a matter of minutes. 
  • You can tell them why your sitter is the best of the best in 200 words or less and upload a photo of your awesome sitter, but don't delay the period to nominate your sitter is only open until February 25, 2013.
  • Next a panel of judges will pick ten finalists from all of the entries
  • Then those ten finalist will be put to a voting round from March 5th through March 15th. The one finalist with the most votes will be names America's Top Sitter and win the grand prize of $5,000!
So hurry up, if you have an AMAZING babysitter who you think deserves this go nominate them here.

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective, and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.