Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tuesday Tunes-Avatar...the band not the movie

So I discovered a new band this morning. I love when that happens because then I spend the next few hours reading about and listening to their songs. This morning it was Avatar. I may just be addicted to them. I can't stop listening to them. In reading about them I quickly discovered they are from Sweden. This seems to be a common thread with all of the music I have recently discovered. Metal + Swedish. What can I say....they know how to do it out there. Not only is their music awesome but ::::cough cough:::: the bassist is a mighty fine specimen to boot.

So the song I heard on the radio was called Smells Like a Freak Show and I dare you not to like it. It's catchy and one of those songs that (if you like Metal) pulls you in and doesn't let you go, even when it's done you want more.



They don't have a traditional sound and I have to say that I LOVE it. I have listened to I think all of their songs now and I have picked two favorites. Okay three but I'll just share my top two so I am not overwhelming you with my love of metal. The first one is the song above, smells like a freak show and my next one is called Torn Apart. Actually if we go in order of favorites I would put this one as number one. 



Now I have a ton of things to do and I have spent enough time listing to all of their songs....no I lie, I am going to listen to some more while I finish up some work and clean the house.