Monday, December 31, 2012

101 in 1001

Okay so Brandy from Not So Average Mama got this from Babes Rockin’ Mami and she got it  from someone named Amanda, but there's no link to Amanda. I did however find this site where I it all originated from...Day Zero Project

The Challenge:
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Seems simple enough right?

The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on your part).

Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past – frequently simple challenges such as New Year’s resolutions or a ‘Bucket List’. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips, study semesters, or outdoor activities.

My start date is: Sunday, January 1st 2013
End date: Sunday, September 29, 2015

So lets get this party started....here are my 101 things.

1. Loose 10 pounds
2. Get a haircut
3. Get a pedicure (I've never had one, sad I know)
4. Start walking
5. Get a tattoo (I've only been saying this for six years now)
6. Take down the wallpaper in the dining room
7. Paint the dining room
8. Paint the living room
9. Get a new bed for my daughter
10. Attempt to bring daughters bed in the boys room and put little man in a big boy bed
11. Bring my water intake back up to what it used to be, at least 32 oz or more a day
12. Loose 20 pounds
13. Buy myself some new clothes once I loose 20 pounds
14. Take my daughter out for manicures
15. Take the family bowling
16. Go out to Cali to see family for a week
17. Stay in Cali for another week seeing friends
18. Go to a club while in Cali since I've never been to one before
19. Get my hair colored at a salon
20. Do a hair color I've always dreamed of having but never had the balls to get
21. Take the kids to the zoo
22. Take the kids to LegoLand
23. Take the kids to the beach
24. Switch to Wordpress (maybe...still unsure on this one)
25. Get a blog redesign
26. Build a new page on my site for my giveaway listing service, you know take it to the next step
27. Take a day, or two to go through all link up sites and update everything
28. Get a job
29. Try a new vegetarian recipe
30. Try a Chinese restaurant out here and hope it's good (I miss Cali Chinese food)
31. Watch Breaking Dawn Part 2
32. Get out to Cali and spend the day with my Grandma
33. Get a puppy
34. Go to Tennessee to see my sister and her hubby
35. Cut out soda completely
36. Learn how to use my camera properly
37. Take a photography class
38. Get out and use my camera more often
39. Do date night with my husband more often then every few years
40. Clean out the garage
41. Go through daughters room and throw away broken toys & donate toys she doesn't play with
42. Do number 41 but in the boys room
43. Get more organized!
44. Be more consistent with meal planning
45. Try my hand at once a month meals
46. Learn how to shoot a gun
47. Go back out to the lake
48. Get fishing poles for the family
49. Take the kids fishing
50. Go to an Indian Restaurant
51. Get family pictures done
52. Get solo pictures of the kids since I didn't get school pictures for this year
53. Learn how to knit/crochet
54. Knit something for my daughter
55. Read 50 books
56. Take a family vacation
57. Take a cooking class
58. Learn how to properly use my sewing machine that is currently collecting dust in my closet
60. Sew something that doesn't fall apart
61. Do a wine tasting  (I've always wanted to do this)
62. Attend my very first blog conference
63. Not be late in dropping the kids off for a full month
64. Learn how to properly walk in high heels. I have like five pairs but can't walk in them
65. Play with my kids more
66.Have family game nights more often instead of movie and a pizza night
67. Learn how to make jam (I've always wanted to do this just so I can use canning jars)
68. Cook crab
69. Take another trip with just my husband and I
70. Don't eat any sweets for a week
71. Don't eat any sweets for a month
72. Completely cut out off sweets from my diet
73. Don't swear for a week (I have a bit of a potty mouth)
74. Get the kids on a routine on doing their chores!
75. Take a Zumba class
76. Take the kids on a picnic complete with a picnic basket
77. Try five new recipes in a month
78. Start a savings account for each of my kids
79. Get another tattoo (I know I already said it but I want another one)
80. Get another piercing (not sure where yet though)
81. Do five random acts of kindness
82. Volunteer at least once a month at my kids school
83. Get back into going to the library more often
84. Read a book in one day
85. Learn how to make sushi
86. Take a picture for each letter of the alphabet and make it into a book for my kids
87. Make my own fresh pasta by hand
88. Get a new bookcase for the living room
89. Get rid of the gophers in our backyard and keep them out of our yard!
90. Go back to Paris
91. Get a journal and start writing my random thoughts down
92. Get a new binder to keep my recipes
93. Go through my current recipe book and take out what we don't like/use
94. Try Silk in my coffee instead of non-dairy or dairy creamer
95. Play hookie from school with my kids and take them somewhere for a surprise fun day
96. Make a memory jar and open it on New Years Eve and read together with my family
97. Get two people to do this 101 in 1001 with me
98. Bake bread and get good enough at it that we wont need to buy bread from the store anymore
99. Start a garden
100. Don't kill said garden
101. Grown enough vegetables to be able to not have to buy vegetables at the store




There you have it. My 101 in 1001. I am looking at this list as a list of things I will do, things that have to get done, not things I hope I will do one day. I am very excited to start this little adventure and cross things off as I get them done!