Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wordless Wednesday-Cherry picking



When I was younger we used to go cherry picking every year. It was one of my moms favorite things to do while it was still cool and summer hadn't quite hit yet. Back then I of course hated it, I was a teenager so that was typical but looking back I miss it. It was fun spending time with my family and picking cherries. Of course one of the best things is eating them making sure they are ripe enough to take home. 
Since becoming a mom it has always been a dream of mine to go to a local farm and pick out our own fruits, vegetables and then cut down our own Christmas tree. Not sure when the tree will happen but last month right before we moved my Mom, Sister, niece, my kids and made last minute plans to go cherry picking. 



Photobucket
My big boy had no problems finding cherries

Photobucket
Little man diving right in and filling his bucket while baby girl very cautiously picks a few in the background

Photobucket
Me: Whatcha eating?
Little man: Shewy (that's cherry said with a huge cherry in his mouth)

Photobucket
So baby girl didn't have as much fun as the rest of us once she discovered the bugs but thankfully we were able to distract her with the little play area they had.

Photobucket

I am so glad we were able to squeeze this in prior to our move. Now the kids will have this memory for a long time and can look back on it when we do this next year, and the year after that, and hopefully for many years to come.



Have a Wordless Wednesday post already? Link up here: