Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Cookies!!!!

I know I say all the time that I don't bake but I did today. I made some chocolate chip cookies, actually I made about three dozen of them! And I've made up my mind, from now on if I am to bake anything it's going to be from scratch. It just tastes so much better and half the fun is making it with my kids.
I used the classic recipe on the back of the Nestles chocolate chip bag. You can find it here. Oh and I used milk chocolate morsels instead of semi sweet chocolate morsels and being a peanut allergy household I left out the nuts.. So here is what you need.



Ingredients

  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 cups (12oz. pkg.) Chocolate Morsels
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. 
First put the flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl and set aside. 

Next beat butter until soft

Then add in your sugar.

Once that's mixed well add in your brown sugar and then the vanilla extract. Mix those ingredients until nice and creamy.

Add in your eggs one at a time. Make sure to mix it well after each egg is added in.

Slowly mix in your flour mixture. I do about half a cup at a time just to make sure it's all mixed together.



Once that is done stir in chocolate chip morsels.

Spoon about a tablespoon worth of cookie dough onto an un-greased baking sheet.

Cook for 9-11 minutes. I set my timer for 9 minutes and they were perfect. 


For my first time making cookies from scratch they couldn't have been any easier or any more mmm mmm good! The dough was just a tiny bit soft while crunchy around the edges and you get the chocolate and this tiny butter taste. Seriously just melt in your mouth good. 



Here are the instructions not broken up by the pictures.
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. 
First put the flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl and set aside. 
Next beat butter until soft then add in your sugar. Once that's mixed well add in your brown sugar and then the vanilla extract. Mix those ingredients until mice and creamy. 
Then add in your eggs one at a time. Make sure to mix it well after each egg is added in.
Slowly mix in your flour mixture. I do about half a cup at a time just to make sure it's all mixed together. Once that is done stir in chocolate chip morsels. 
Spoon about a tablespoon worth of cookie dough onto an ungreased baking sheet. 
Cook for 9-11 minutes. I set my timer for 9 minutes and they were perfect.